Monday, March 13, 2023

Ziebart

1870 avenue Dollard - 01
A VitroPlus/Ziebart in the Montréal, Québec, Canada area.

 A member of my family works at Ziebart, a chain or auto repair shops in the northeast and mid-West of the US and Canada (my inner Professor told me they were across the Seaway as well, but now through Uniglass Plus), and travels for work for it, and it gave me an idea for todays post, especially as I found some parts of Upstate NY don't have one yet.  This will be a challenge not knowing where there'd be this kind of vacancy, even in small towns, albeit ones I don't get to often enough.  This is based in the Detroit/Windsor area, the bedrock of the motor trade in this country, so they are just up the road from Big Auto, basically.  There's one across from me already, so that's sorted, but I know there are gaps across the region.  Perhaps other chains or indies left spots (I had less trouble with Maaco, who Ziebart compete with in Albany and numerous other areas).  I found some downstate vacancies through an estate agent, but it's painstaking to scramble with ones 200 miles away when you haven't been half as far in donkeys years!  I like to make my own list with places I know.  Of course, one can always build from scratch, but it's trying to find the parcel to start a building site with the right zoning and location, location, location! (I learned a lot about properties over the years)  Just takes determination and perseverance, like anything in life, like when you take your car in and they try and get it fixed for you.

Cortland (Cortlandville) - NY 281, former NAPA

Auburn - E Genesee St, former Goodyear

Oswego - NY 48, former Shapiro/Burritt Motors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

Ithaca - NY 13/34/96?, TBD (even here, there's nothing to buy or let on every corner)

No comments:

Post a Comment