Monday, May 24, 2021

Local Unchained

A bank based just a county away

 I may be churning out chains, but I always go to a local business each day.  When it seems one may never come my way, I try to think of a local place that has the same thing, knowing I should be going there instead.  Even when a big chain does finally make it here, then it's like I never missed, as it's human nature to want what you can't have as recent events have taught us all.  For a start, California Pizza Kitchen and Toppers are a world away, when there is no shortage of local pizza places in any given area, even a very small town.  If I need new clothes, there's somewhere I've grown up with that not even Neiman Marcus could equal in my book if they came to the mall.

A Facebook page run by a local lover in Salisbury, MD makes it a daily mantra to show love to the mom and pop shops of the world.  He shows campaigns from across the country.  The pandemic has also heightened the need to keep spending close to home, restaurants being a huge example.  So the next time you hold a candle for something from afar, try finding a local equivalent instead if there's one around.

No comments:

Post a Comment