Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where to find Best Yet brand

Since 1893
Best Yet is one of the oldest private labels in the US celebrating over 120 years! It is either seen in indie stores or small chains affiliated with C&S Wholesale Grocers.  If you know any more, even out of state, do let me know.  It has replaced Shurfine/Western Family in many mom and pops since their sale to Topco several years ago.  Site now has complete list.  This is just a selection started before they had their own.

Grand Union (as of 2022)
P&C (now in Cortland and Ithaca)
Best Market (formerly Best Yet Market) (until sale of all stores except one to Lidl)
Big M (see other post)
Green Hills Farms, US 11, Syracuse/Nedrow (formerly had second location)
Nojaim Bros, NY 174, Marcellus (formerly in Syracuse as well)
Great American, Delaware County (formerly in Jefferson [in recent memory], Madison, Oneida, Herkimer, Montgomery and Onondaga Counties)
Randys BiLo (Johnstown, PA; no relation to defunct Mid-Atlantic chain in later article)
Elk County/Ridgway Foods (PA)
Kalils Grocery, NY 28, Inlet (found this on short notice)
Maxwells, NY 5, Auburn (even had some Big M signage inside, but it may just came from C&S; now closed)
Kinney Drugs (select products only)
Nichols, Liverpool
Byrne Dairy (select products only)
Webster - Hegedorns (until June 2023), NY 404

10 comments:

  1. I have 2 cans of Best Yet Solid White Albacore tuna in water, that the labels are mislabeled. The sodium content is stated as 250g. This is wrong in that it would only be 250mg. I buy a lot of canned tuna and I immediately noticed the error. I've kept 2 of the labels but only 1 of the can intact. I have to watch my sodium intake and when purchasing canned tuna way back in 1994 - 1996 I noticed this error right away. I've kept these 2 cans for a long time in storage. I came across them a few days ago and decided to let your company know of this misprint, which is WHY I kept them in the first place. I always intended to let you know so you could follow up on it way back when, but just never got to it and have moved a few times inbetween. I found them in storage a few days ago and decided to write this message. I still have 1 can that still is intact with the tuna in it and I have 1 can that the tuna was eaten way back when but the label is intact on the can. If you would like to have these cans please let me know. I am Gena Reynoldson, 2205 E Locust St., Apartment 308, Omaha Nebraska 68110. Thought you might be interested and maybe aware of the label error or maybe unaware of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see the new pathmark store in brooklyn sells this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lidl took over their company owned stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At marvals in groveland California, is where I saw it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Best Yet New York Style Rye seeded bread. Wish it came with no seeds too.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a turkey wanted to know the expiration date.

    Lo: WPL 01 13:20:08 p7669
    1 81652

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure it's expired now

      Delete
  7. I have here a peanut butter I just want to know the expiration date. On top it is written Sell by 09:43 NOV 20 21 LV
    Bar code : 0 42187 26497

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd have to go to Best Yets site and take it up with them. If you ask me, it should be binned by now.

      Delete
  8. Food town in East meadow ny and western beef in Carle place by has best yet products

    ReplyDelete