Friday, September 4, 2026

Ponderosa Steakhouse

Ponderosa in West Branch, MI (Grok xAI enhanced)

 I thought I had done this one already, but I guess not. Ponderosa had several locations in CNY, the Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley, North Country, Southern Tier/Twin Tiers, and the Capital Region (I'm just an Upstate girl, you know). The sister chain Bonanza were more out west. Here are where they were (she finds everything!): TBD unless indicated


deWitt - NY 5; now Kudos Medical (formerly American Medwell and Visage [unrelated to band])

Syracuse (Westvale) - Onondaga Blvd; demolished, soon to be Byrne Dairy

Liverpool - Oswego St/Old Liverpool Rd; now Francescas

North Syracuse - US 11; now the Daily Diner

Oswego - NY 104; now demolished

Auburn - NY 5

Oneida - NY 5

Geneva - NY 5 & US 20

Cortlandville/Virgil - NY 13

Watertown - NY 3

Bath - NY 415 (Steuben County is both Finger Lakes and Twin Tiers)

Johnson City - NY 201

New Hartford - NY 5

Herkimer - NY 5 & 28; now Costello Eye Physicians & Surgeons

Johnstown - NY 30A; now Sams Seafood & Steakhouse

Guilderland - US 20; now Hana Japanese restaurant

East Greenbush - US 9 & 20; now Chinese buffet

Colonie - Wolf Rd

Latham - US 9

Rotterdam - NY 5 & Eastern Pkwy

Schenectady - Altamont Ave

No comments:

Post a Comment