![]() |
| Allied moving lorry |
I have decided to leave Syracuse when I have the money, and possibly New York State. I just have no true connections here anymore. I just feel if I make a fresh start in a new city, I could start over. It may be just as hard to establish relationships with people who have their people as it is back home, but I won't have the baggage there, just the literal kind I have to unpack. The last time I moved house outside CNY, it wasn't my choice. Decades later, I would have to change doctors, pharmacies, and everything. It would be easier to get a job since they won't look at my past the same way they would here. I'm not getting younger and I'm not ready for an analyst. If I do leave the state, it would be hard to do the blog anymore unless I learn something second hand, but it would be the least of my problems since I have to get away from the cold weather one third of the year to a city and state with no real future, and people unwilling to take me seriously. I would like to come up with a doable new home and start buying new things before the next cold snap. My niece would have to tidy up and take in a lodger that can get on with our cats, who I will miss terribly, but I will have my own to take care of. This hasn't been an easy decade, century, or lifetime. I've thought about Florida, even if just for the winter like a pensioner, but I'm not even that old, mind, and I have to find a job that would let me go up and down the east coast. There are pros and cons to both states that we won't get into here. I've never flown only because of the cost and not aviophobia in my family. I also don't want the only way I'll ever fly is to have my ashes attached to a drone because that's too morbid, and cremation is for Hindus and Buddhists. I just don't want to wait until the next lifetime to have a better life, and these blogs have kept me busy, but behind every one of these sites is a real person with the same hang-ups as everyone else. Maybe this will pass and I won't go anywhere, or I will be ringing Allied, Mayflower or Sams and filling up boxes.

No comments:
Post a Comment