Saturday, May 25, 2024

Ted's Fish Fry: 75 Years On

Cheesy looking AI concoction if we build a new one

 After writing about Dougs Fish Fry, thought I'd look into the Capital Regions own seafood chain, Teds Fish Fry, which celebrates their 75th Anniversary this year. I've only been to the ones in Watervliet (pictured) and Colonie. One in Troy closed last year (Hoosick St. remains open). It's rare enough I get to Albany anymore, let alone on a Friday (I'm that hardcore). Because I've only gone to the District that much when my relatives were still alive and/or in the area, I managed to find suggestions on Teds Facebook page (I'll only use ones within a 50 mile radius of Albany), which makes much more sense than to scramble online looking for properties. The former Grandmas on NY 5 may be too close to the Wolf Rd and Western Ave (US 20) locations, as would both Crossgates Mall and Colonie Center, since Teds want their own space, not the mall's. Ballston Spa will get a new one on NY 50 in the fall. The vacancies don't always have to be former restaurants, just zoned for it (you know the rule book).

Glenmont - former Applebees, US 9W

Schenectady - former ALDI/Grand Union, NY 5 & 7

Rensselaer - former ALDI, US 9 & 20

Amsterdam - former Pizza Hut, NY 30

Ballston Spa - former Pizza Hut, NY 50 (confirmed)

Niskayuna - former Thai Thai Bistro, NY 146 & Nott St E

No comments:

Post a Comment